Everyone Needs Help Sometimes...
I believe that every individual is a worthy person, deserving and capable of healing. We all need help now and then. There are times in life where we get stuck; locked in traumas of the past, or fearful of things to come. We find ourselves further from our destination, feeling sad, anxious, angry, or lost. Our body tells us we’re on the wrong path through illness and conflict in our relationships.
In therapy, as you are ready, I help you discover what your body is telling you. Through somatic and mindfulness based approaches, you’ll learn how to heal the intensity of your experience of past events that keeps you feeling overwhelmed and settle your nervous system in the here and now. You’ll learn to better understand your thoughts and emotions, and implement strategies to make the shifts you want to see in your life.
For those dealing with addiction(s), you’ll learn tools, both mental and physical, to let go of these strongholds and improve self-confidence. As a nutrition provider, I support those dealing with eating disorders to reduce shame, improve self-worth, and find a healthier relationship to food.
I believe in taking a holistic approach to healing. We all have deep longings, which if met can bring us meaningful relationships and fulfillment in day to day life. As both a mother and a wife, I understand the ups and downs and work it takes to care for oneself while showing up for those we love. If you’re struggling in your relationship, I provide an evidence-based approach to helping you improve communication, understand each other’s inner worlds, and meet each other’s needs. There is pain in life, but with knowledge in oneself comes power to transform suffering, and find fulfillment.
Who I work with
- Trauma, PTSD
- Binge Eating and Disordered Eating
- Food Addiction
- Adults & Adolescents
- Couples Therapy
- Master’s in Counseling Psychology, UMKC
- Master Nutrition Therapist, The Nutrition Therapy Institute
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theater, The College of Santa Fe
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner Candidate (Certified at Intermediate Level), SEI
- Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition, National Association for Nutrition Professionals
- Certified in Functional Medicine, Mindfulness Medicine Certification Program, IFMC-P Candidate
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Attachment Theory
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Nutritional Psychology